- State University of New York, Buffalo School of Law, Buffalo, New York
- J.D. - 1991
- State University of New York, Buffalo, New York
- B.A. - 1987
Colin Campbell began his career working as an attorney for insurance companies. After several years, he decided that he was more at home on the other side of the courtroom, where he could help regular people as opposed to trying to save insurance companies money. Since that time, he has been able to utilize the knowledge and experience he gained on the defense side to help his clients achieve justice.
Colin has tried many personal injury cases in the various counties of Western and Central New York and has an established reputation as a successful and effective trial lawyer. He regularly receives recognition as one of the very top personal attorneys in the area by such organizations as Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers and Avvo.
Colin has also obtained the highest rating for legal ability and ethics from Martindale-Hubbell. This is the "AV" or "Preeminent" rating which is based on the opinions of judges and other attorneys and signifies that he is ranked at the highest level of professional excellence.
In the past twenty years, Colin has recovered many millions of dollars for hundreds of clients in nine different counties in New York.
Many of those cases were referred to him by other attorneys and by former clients.
Colin was a Town Justice for eight years. He has coached youth soccer and basketball in his community and was President and a charter board member of the local Boys and Girls Club He was also elected to and served on the School Board.
Colin is married and has three children. He has completed ten full marathons, including Chicago, New York and Pittsburgh and also enjoys hiking, basketball, and reading history.
- Personal Injury
- New York, 1992
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 1992
- “AV” or “Preeminent” rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Erie County Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Western New York Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Town of Eden, Town Justice, 1999 to 2007
- Town of Eden, Prosecutor
- Musaid v. Mercy Hospital, 249 AD 2d 958, 672 N.Y.S.2d 573, 1998, 4th Dept.
- Keicher v. Town of Hamburg, 291 AD 2d 920, 737 NYS 2d 740, 2002, 4th Dept.
- Nelson v. Shaner Cable, ILC, 2 AD 3J 1371, 2005, 4th Dept.
- Buckley v. Civiletto and Village of Fredonia, 26 AD 3d 844, 808 NYS 2d 870 (4th Dept. 2006)
- Backus v. Kaleida Health, 91 AD 3d 1284, 937 NYS 2d 773 (4th Dept. 2012)